Workshop and selection of collaborators
WHEN. From 10 am on 22 August 2017 to 2 pm on 25 August 2017
WHERE. Casa degli Alfieri, Castagnole Monferrato (Province of Asti, Italy)
WHAT. An intensive and hands-on workshop to select collaborators interested in participating in cooperation and development projects utilising the Social and Community Theatre (SCT) methodology in emergency contexts, with migrants and with people at risk for migration.
– Selecting professionals that are willing to collaborate in the development of The Social and Community Theatre Centre projects
– Training professionals to work with the Social and Community Theatre (SCT) methodology in emergency contexts
– Tutoring participants in specific social theatre work models and in the SCT approach in emergency, development and cooperation situations
TRAINING. Over the course of the four days, participants will receive training in specific social theatre work models and learn about the SCT approach in emergency, development and cooperation situations, which have been formulated during projects that have ended recently or are still in progress:
– The “Psychosocial assistance for children, youth and their families affected by the crisis in Libya“ project in Libya (2013);
– SCT participation in the CIFA Onlus project “Tutte a scuola” [All girls at school] in Ethiopia (2014);
– SCT participation as part of the CIFA Onlus project “Migrazione irregolare: un’alternativa possibile” [Illegal migration: a potential alternative] in Ethiopia (2016/17); and
– Bentiu refugee camp project in South Sudan as part of the psychosocial peacekeeping mission organized by the IOM (2017).
TARGET Theatre professionals, social theatre professionals, counsellors/social workers
Alessandra Rossi Ghiglione (SCT Centre Director), Maurizio Bertolini (Project Manager), Silvia Cerrone (Psychologist), Fabrizio Stasia (trainer), Manuela Pietraforte (trainer) for SCT Centre, Marco Pastori (Office Coordinator, International Development Projects) and Admasu Tsegaye (CIFA Onlus Community Mobiliser), and others to be finalised.
COST. 85 euros. Participants must cover the costs of room and board. Information on accommodations in the area will follow.
INFO & REGISTRATION: The workshop is intended for a maximum of 15 participants who will be selected according to their curriculum vitae’s and letters of intent. Requests to participate must be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 July 2017.